Are you facing an issue with your Tp-link wireless range extender? Don’t worry, we have got a solution for your query “Tp-link extender not connecting“. A user can face few connectivity issues due to misconfiguration or change in the settings of the wireless range extender. So in this article, we will discuss the solution regarding Tp-link extender not connecting issue. Go through this tutorial completely in order to understand the solution.
So first of all, you will need to ensure a few things that are given as follows:
- Check whether the extender is turned On and in working condition.
- Run an Internet connectivity test to check whether the device is connected to the Internet or not.
- Check whether the wireless router is connected to the Internet or not.
- Make sure modem is connected to the wireless router using Ethernet cable
If you still face the issue “Tp-link extender not connecting”, follow the below given instructions.
- Try to power cycle the router, modem and wireless range extender. This will surely resolve the issue that you are facing with your range extender.
- After you power cycle each of the devices, log into the wireless router to check whether the router is hooked up to the Internet.
- To log into the wireless router, go to the default gateway address of the device on the web browser.
- After you see the router login page, fill up the router login credentials into the respective fields.
- Click Login and you will be taken to the router homepage. You will see the status of your router on the homepage.
- Check whether the router has an active Internet access or not.
If you still face an issue, go for device reset. You will need to reset the Tp-link wireless range extender to solve the issue “Tp-link extender not connecting”. We have mentioned the instructions below:
- Look for a reset button on the bottom of your wireless range extender. The push button is usually little inside the frame of the router.
- Take a paper clip or any other similar item and press the router reset button.
- Hold the button for a few seconds until you see the wifi light blinking on your extender.
- Now, release the button and wait for your device to restart.
Now that you have reset the device, you will need to reconfigure it. If you don’t know how to configure the wireless range extender, you can call us on our Toll-Free number.
In this tutorial, we discussed the solution for your query “Tp-link extender not connecting”. We hope that this article helped you in the solution of the issue. So these were some of the basic instructions that will surely help you. In case you face an issue or need any assistance regarding the device, feel free to call us on our Toll-Free number and we will be more than happy to assist you.