Range extenders are the devices which act as a signal booster for your existing wireless network. Basically, they pick up the signal from your wireless router and repeat it to the maximum distance. You will not face any dead zone issue after installing a new range extender. Setting up a new wireless range extender is very easy. You just need to configure it with your existing wireless router. So in this article, we will explain you the process for wireless wifi repeater setup. We have mentioned a step-by-step configuration process below:
SETTING UP WIRELESS REPEATER
The very first step in the process of a wireless wifi repeater setup is a hardware connection. You need to connect your physical devices with each other. Follow the instructions given below:
- Connect your range extender with the computer using an Ethernet cable.
- Plug the one end of the Ethernet cable into the wireless extender and another end into any LAN port of your computer.
- Now, plug the power adapter of your wireless range extender into the power source. Make sure you plug the range extender in the area where you previously experienced bad signal strength.
As you have set up a hardware connection, now we will move to the login process. You will need to go through this process whenever you want to access your wireless repeater or manage the settings of your repeater. We have mentioned the process below:
- Open a web browser on your computer that is connected to the range extender.
- Enter the default IP address into the address bar and click Go. You can also go to the official web address of your new extender.
- Now you will be directed to your extender setup page from where you can set up your range extender.
In this section, we will explain the main process for wireless wifi repeater setup. Below given are the steps to setup your wireless repeater
- Once you access the setup page, you will see a “Get Started” option. Click on this option.
- Select whether you want your wireless repeater to be configured for 2.4GHz or 5GHz wireless network and click Next.
- Now, wireless repeater setup page will take you to the wireless network settings. These settings include Network Name (SSID), the Security Key, and Security Encryption Standard.
- Assign your wireless network an SSID and a security passphrase.
- Now you will be directed to the last page where you will see a tab named “Create extended network”. Click on this tab and your wireless wifi repeater setup will be completed.
In case, you face any issue while attempting to set up your wireless repeater, don’t worry, we have the solution for this issue. Simply, look for the reset button on the router and press it. Hold it for a few seconds and your router will restart. Now follow the above-mentioned instructions again for the wireless wifi repeater setup.
So in this article, we mentioned the instructions to set up your wireless repeater. We hope that this article helped you to set up your wireless repeater.